Whatcha Got Cookin' by Ellen Watts
This recipe was posted on Facebook by a friend from high school, and I thought it looked interesting. I love sausage balls at Christmas, but why can’t we have them other times of the year? These might be fun to share at a picnic or family get together.
“Here’s my recipe for Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls.
It’s super easy and makes plenty for sharing.”
1 pound pork breakfast sausage (I like Jimmy Dean or Swaggerty’s)
12 oz. Palmetto Cheese pimento cheese of choice (or blend of cheeses)
2 + 1/4 cup Bisquick
Dash of paprika + red pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add sausage and pimento cheese to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add Bisquick and spices (if using). Knead with hands until it’s all combined into a large ball.
- Scoop and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray, or lined with a silicone baking mat. You can keep them close together since they don’t spread.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until they’re golden brown on top.
- Store in air-tight container or zip-lock bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For a printable copy click on the name of the recipe listed below.
Meat, Fish and Casseroles
Appetizers & Salads
Soups, Bread & Salsa
Cakes, Cookies, Pies & Desserts
Recipes are in PDF format which require Adobe Reader to read.
If you do not have Adobe Reader it can be downloaded free by clicking on the icon below.